2019 Early Career Researcher Award: Loris Juett
2019 Young Researcher Award: “Pitch your Science!”, 6 young scientists are attempting the challenge at the 11th Hydration for Health Conference!
The Hydration for Health conference has become a unique international scientific event over the past decade, dedicated to bringing together health leaders to talk about hydration science and health benefits of water for health. This research field can only be sustainable through the newest generation of scientists, which is why the “Pitch your Science!” challenge was introduced.
Watch the video report:
For the 3rd year in a row, young researchers have the chance to participate in this exciting contest, where they have 3 minutes to summarize their ongoing research and results. Six researchers, chosen by the Hydration for Health Scientific Committee, get to live this experience and benefit from the preparation and mentoring from the members of the scientific committee.
Here were the candidates for the 2019 edition:
- Hairong He from Peking University, China
- Aaron R Caldwell from the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, USA
- Carla El-Mallah from the American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Loris Juett from Loughborough University, UK
- Yasuki Sekiguchi from the University of Connecticut, USA
- Mariia Ivanova from the University of Milan-Bicocca, Italy
Congratulations to all participants for exciting, simulating and interesting pitches! The winner of the 2019 Young Research Award selected by the audience is Loris Juett from Loughborough University in the UK.
His research topic, exploring the impact of hydration status in the pathogenesis of exercise-induced Acute Kidney Injury (AKI), suggested that hypohydration, caused by sweat losses and fluid restriction during intermittent exercise may have affected renal tubules and thus caused kidney damage. Congratulations to Loris for this exciting award and welcome to the hall of fame of Young Research Award winners!
Former Young Researcher Award winners:
- 2018: Dr. Gabrielle Giersch
- 2017: Dr. Conor Underwood
- 2016: Dr. Colleen Muñoz
- 2015: Dr. Evan Johnson
- 2014: Dr. Naiman Khan
- 2013: Dr. Christopher Taveau
- 2012: Dr. Giannis Arnaoutis