Hydration for Health Academy
Dive into the multidisciplinary topic of hydration and increase your knowledge on the impact of water on health through expert videos courses.
2. The role of Dietitians in hydration education
- To set the scene of using the current science and knowledge to implement hydration in practice.
- To demonstrate the importance of fluid assessment and give examples of fluid records.
- To explain the challenges of investigating drinking behaviour in order to make appropriate recommendations.
- To provide practical advice for enhancing fluid intake in older people in long-term care settings.
- To explain the physical changes occurring in older people that can increase the risk of dehydration.
- To explain the importance of older people in staying well-hydrated and the importance of being aware of the hydration requirements and characteristics of this population.
1 - Belogianni K, Gandy J, van Ginkel A, Liddell J, Wagner RY, Lagoudakis L, Douglas P (2019). European Healthy Hydration Awareness Campaign for Dietitians. Ann Nutr Metab. 74; 3:57-65. doi: 10.1159/000500347